After a weekend of people, events and ideas…it’s Monday.
My morning pages are full of people, events, and ideas, and as I write I begin to feel overwhelmed.
Before retirement, by this time in the morning, my school day was well underway. Today I am still in pajamas. How can this be? Am I’m losing focus?
I get up to take a shower, eat breakfast and begin to pin down my morning pages meanderings.
1) Finish reading Caleb’s Crossing by Geraldine Brooks that was due over the weekend. It is next week’s book club selection.
2) Print out cat pictures from the internet for the after school lesson based on the book, The Boy Who Drew Cats, which will probably be tomorrow’s blog post. (see Pandora’s Box from last Monday)
3) Organize handouts activities for the interns’ lesson on classroom organization for tomorrow.
4) Make cranberry walnut muffins to deliver to my brother and three other friends this afternoon.
5) Pay two more bills, return library book, buy stamps, and deposit a check on the way to Barnes and Noble to spend time with my newest writing buddy.
6) Write today’s blog about…well, this.
A bit more routine might help me balance all this crazy energy I’m feeling.